A Different Kind of Event for Digital Marketing and Web Development;
Attracting Thought Leaders, Industry Experts, Marketers, and Developers from Three Continents
Bedford, New Hampshire, USA, September 22, 2016—Tired of just another digital marketing or web development conference? Then you may want to consider traveling to Las Vegas, November 2nd through 4th, for a breath of fresh air at an event simply called 404. Yes, it’s a conference for digital marketing and web development professionals, but it’s quite different from the norm. It’s vendor and platform agnostic and takes a brutally honest approach by focusing on past missteps and failures made by both corporations and digital marketing agencies, and focuses on how to learn from those mistakes.
404 is the brainchild of European software maker Kentico Software, which has a strong and growing presence here in the United States as well as the Asia Pacific region. “We wanted to do something unconventional,” said Petr Palas, Founder and CEO. “There are so many events out there, so many variations on a theme. 404 is quite different. We’re coming at this from the other side —not by looking at the best that the industry has been able to accomplish, but scrutinizing some of the missteps and seeing what we can learn from those mistakes.”
Iva Konecna, Events Manager at Kentico, added, “404 is about being totally honest and pulling everyone out of their comfort zones. That’s where some truly important learning and innovative thinking can take place.”
From Website Design and Performance to Email Campaigns and Customer Personalization
The 404 Conference embraces developers and marketers alike and will explore topics from website development and landing page design to email campaigns and customer personalization. The conference will feature 30+ business and technology track sessions. Here are some of the highlights:
Drawing Thought Leaders, Industry Experts, and Digital Marketers from Around the Globe
- Andy Thompson, Director and CTO, GetStarted (Australia)
- Ann Handley, Chief Content Officer, MarketingProfs (USA)
- Arnie Kuenn, CEO, Vertical Measures (USA)
- Barbara Fusinka, Data Solution Architect, Microsoft (United Kingdom)
- Maarten van den Hooven, Senior Developer, TrueLime (Netherlands)
- Philip Jakipse, Microsoft MVP and Principal Consultant, SDS (USA)
- Ramon Forster, CEO, Picturepark (Switzerland)
- Scott Liewehr, CEO, Digital Clarity Group, CODiE Awards Judge and CMS-Connected Host (USA)
- Scott Stratten, President of UnMarketing, Named by Forbes as one of the Top 5 Social Media Influencers in the World (Canada)
- Vince Mayfield, CEO, Bit-Wizards (USA)
More Than 30 Session Topics…
- “Good vs. Good Enough Content”
- “How Terrible Mistakes Turned into Tremendous Victories”
- “How Traditional Thinking Nearly Killed Innovation”
- “Negotiating the ‘Stupid’ Out of UX Design”
- “Taming the HiPPO (Highest Paid Person’s Opinion)”
- “The Big Bang Project—IT Nerd and Marketing Chic: Fail or Fuse”
- “The Power of Why: Moving Beyond Conversions”
- “Agile Failures: Stories from the Trenches”
- “Automated Deployments with Zero Downtime”
- “Culture Shock—How to Overcome the Common Pitfalls of Localizing Your Website”
- “Fixing the Failures of Too Much Success”
- “Good, Better, Best Website Performance Optimization”
- “Predicting the Future as a Service with Azure ML and R”
- “When Deploying to the Cloud Goes Horribly Wrong”
404 is all about bringing like-minded developers and digital marketing professionals together to share their experiences. So show management is arranging for roundtable discussions where attendees can choose from 20 different discussion topics.
Live Taping of CMSConnected Show
CMSConnected, the very popular web-based program billed as “The Content Management Industry’s Headline News, Articles & Commentary Source,” will be leaving the comfort of their studio and recording live in Las Vegas—and taping a show from the floor of the 404 conference. That’s taking place on Friday, November 4th.
And Don’t Forget about the 404 Awards
The conference will feature the first ever “404 Awards”, recognizing the most creative and innovative solutions to “not found” pages. While regarded as an afterthought by a lot of companies, 404 pages are indeed a touchpoint and yet another opportunity to provide website visitors with an extraordinary experience and to prove they are a truly customer-centric business.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.