LIGHTNING RELEASES — May 30, 2014, LOS GATOS, CA—When not helping patients as a Clinical Cosmetic Specialist RN at Kasier Permanente in San Jose, CA, surfer nurse Lynn Sheredy, 55, is often found riding the waves in Santa Cruz, CA. And helping those who get injured.
“Surfing is dangerous. My mom still reminds me to watch out for sharks but the biggest danger is encounters with other surfers,” Sheredy said. “If someone gets hurt or needs assistance, I’m there to help.” She recently needed 27 stitches for a cut to her own forehead.
Surfing is therapeutic. “No matter how crazy my life, getting into the water to surf for just a few hours ALWAYS make things better,” said Sheredy. She’s been surfing for nearly 20 years and has no plans to give it up.
“I love the fact that I can get into a wave and ride it and I don’t need anybody or anything (except my board) to do that. I surf about three times a week but would surf more if I had more time.”
A sport for boomers? “I know several people over 60 who surf. They’re in great shape. There’s one guy who surfs a long board and he is 78,” said Sheredy. “It’s a fun way to exercise outdoors.”
To read surfer nurse Sheredy’s profile and the latest articles in ActiveOver50, visit: www.activeover50.com
• “100 Year Longevity Warranty”–Dr. Walter M. Bortz, II, is one of America’s foremost experts on wellness and longevity. Author of seven books including “Dare to Be 100.”
• “Bathroom Remodeling Trends for Baby Boomers”–Bella Babot of Harrell Remodeling.
• “How to Feel Great At Any Age”—Karl Knopf, Ed.D. The best solution to prevent frailty is an exercise program.
• “How to Slow Down Aging” Exercise is the single best thing you can do to slow down the aging process.
• “Watch Out For Scams” —Derryl Molina, elder law advisor.
• “Tips to Keep Your Memory Sharp” Learn how to keep your memory sharp as a tack.
About ActiveOver50 Media
Founded in 2005, ActiveOver50 is a multimedia company headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area providing a host of diverse products for boomers and seniors including print/digital magazines, TV segments with NBC Bay Area, trade shows, eNewsletters, websites and social media programs.
ActiveOver50 targets active 50+ consumers who are working, seeking work, thinking of retiring or leading active retired lives. For more information about ActiveOver50 Media, contact founder/publisher Larry W. Hayes at 408.921.5806 or email: Larry@ActiveOver50.com. Visit website: ActiveOver50.com.
ActiveOver50 is a registered trademark of Hayes Marketing Communications, Inc.